R2.3A is now available. Please have a look at http://cwh050.blogspot.com/2014/07/new-mototrbo-firmware.html. The below post remains here for reference purposes only.
This week Motorola Solutions officially launched a new version of MOTOTRBO firmware in the EMEA region, which introduces a number of new and useful features. Known as System Release 2.3*, the new firmware includes the following:
- Digital Voting.** Using multiple Satellite Receivers (receive-only repeaters) to relay radio transmissions to a central Voting Repeater it is now possible to increase the talk-in range of a MOTOTRBO radio site. The Satellite receiver passes audio and signal information to the Voting Repeater. The Voting Repeater then evaluates the inbound data from these Satellite Receivers and repeats the strongest one.
- AES Privacy.** Uses 256 bit encryption keys to protect voice and data messages using the well known AES algorithm.
- CSBK Data. It is now possible for a radio to send a single unconfirmed CSBK burst containing ARS, GPS or XCMP data. This results in improved data communication performance and communication reliability. In the past, (i.e. without CSBK Data) it was possible to send a maximum of around 180 GPS updates per minute per radio per slot. Based on the same parameters and using CSBK data, it is now possible to achive around 909 GPS updates per minute per radio per slot - a five fold increase!
- Radio Management R1.2. A number of improvements have been made to the Radio Management (RM) application.
- Capacity Plus Enhancement. Support for up to 8 trunking repeaters, or a total of 12 repeaters including Data Revert. The maximum number of repeaters remains unchanged for Linked Capacity Plus.
- SL4000 Series Remote Telemetry. Support for telemetry Encode (via programmable button) and Telemetry Text Message Decode. Note that there is no support for VIOs on the SL4000 series.
- Flexible RX Group List. A list of up to 16 Talkgroups (TG) which the user can edit (Add/Remove). This list is available only for Capacity Plus and Linked Capacity Plus systems and is addition to the standard (non-editable) list Rx List.
- Permanent Bluetooth Discoverable Mode.** This allows the Bluetooth(TM) transciever in the radio to be put into a “Always On Mode” thus allowing the ability of the radio to be tracked indoors using Bluetooth(TM) waypoints and a 3rd party application.
- CPS Read Write Password Protection: The CPS now also applies the read password when writing the codeplug back to the radio.
- MPT1327 Analogue Trunking. An option board solution introduced for the DP and DM4000 Series radios. The MPT1327 option board can be purchased as an aftermarket accessory and installed in the field, alternatively certain radio models can be ordered containing factory fitted MPT1327 option boards.
- Work Ticket Management. This functionality has now been ported to the DP and DM4000 display models. Additionally the radios are able to detect duplicate Job Tickets and transmit all non-GPS data (which includes Job Tickets) on a Linked Capacity Plus Data Revert channel in accordance with the CPS configured data call confirmed parameter. Previously all data an LCP Data Revert channel was transmitted as unconfirmed and this impacted the success rate for Job Ticket responses.
- Repeater configuration for Connect Plus. A new Repeater CPS configuration mode which is dedicated to Connect Plus system support.
- Various enhancements to XCMP. Application Development Partners should refer to the latest ADK documents and training materials for details.
Motorola will also stop supporting (including field support) Windows XP and Vista from the end of 2013 for all professional and Commercial products (including tools). Motorola has added support for Windows 8 starting this year.
Together with this, a new version of CPS, Radio Management, Tuner and RDAC have been released. This software, together with the required upgrade packages can be found on Motorola Online.
The following are the latest software packages:
- CPS R10.0 (Build 510)
- Air Tracer R7.5 (Build 27)
- Tuner R10.5 (Build 158)
- Radio Management 1.2
- RDAC R5.0 (Build 69)
- DDMS R03.11.5000
- MNIS R02.30.5000
- MCDD R2.1.3
At the same time, System Release 1.12 for the first generation of MOTOTRBO radios, has been released. Although there are no new features in this release, a few reported issues have been resolved. For more information, please refer to the release notes.
The latest firmware versions are as follows:
- DP1000 Series Portables R01.00.00
- DP2000 Series Portables R02.30.01
- DP3441 Portables R02.30.01
- DP4000 Series Portables R02.30.01
- DP4000Ex Series Portables R02.30.01
- SL4000 Series Portables R02.30.01
- DM1000 Series Mobiles R01.00.00
- DM2000 Series Mobiles R01.00.00
- DM4000 Series Mobiles R02.30.01
- DR 3000 Repeaters R02.30.01
- MTR3000 Repeaters R02.30.01
- DP 3000 Series Portables R01.12.01
- DM 3000 Series Mobiles R01.12.01
* Note that the above listed features are not supported in the first generation MOTOTRBO radios (i.e. DP3000 and DM3000 series).
** These features are premium features, requiring the purchase of a licence.