On 20 July 2015, Motorola released R2.4B firmware which introduces a few noteworthy features. Some of these features are detailed here and in my other posts (see below).
- Home Channel Reminder. Radio alerts user when they have left their primary home channel for a predetermined period of time.
- Adaptive Rest Channel RDAC Alarm: Repeater generates an RDAC alarm when the “Adaptive Forced Rest Channel Rotation” feature rotates the Rest channel.
- Improved RSSI Indication: Radios provide a more precise signal strength indication for the user.
- SLR 5500 Repeater support.
- Hebrew Keypad models. Addition of Hebrew language capability and a number of Hebrew
- language keypad on some portable models.
On the SL1600
- Ability to support radio names up to 12 characters in length.
- Ability to support the Alveolar Trill (i.e. rolling “r”) enhancement option.
- Ability for the radio to support the OTA Battery Management registration feature.
- The maximum “Digital TX High Power” setting can be tuned for 2,5W or 3W without impacting the other “Digital TX High Power” settings (i.e. 2W and 1W). In a number of European countries the legal limit is 2,5W.