Running Windows 10? Radio Management sluggish? Then read this...

I like the look and feel of Windows and have "grown up" using this operating system and its predecessor MS-DOS. More than 70% of people reading this post are using Windows, so no matter what your opinion is of Micro$oft, most of us are living in ignorant bliss.

One of the gripes I have with Windows 10, is that - well - to put it bluntly: I do not have the slightest interest in Candy Crush Saga or any of the other schnickschnack that gets installed. I've found that all of this stuff just makes Windows run slower than normal.

I have a PC, which I use solely for Radio Management. There is nothing else on this PC. Though, it is fairly low-spec. When I set this machine up, I needed a means to get rid of all the unnecessary applications that comes with Windows.

A quick search brought me to this useful script: https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater.
The instructions are included on the above page, but I found the following worked for me:

  1. Download the files and extract them somewhere (e.g. your desktop).
  2. Click on start and search for powershell.
  3. This brings up a list of results. Right-button click on the Powershell icon and select 'Run as administrator'.
  4. Go to where you extracted the files, right-button click on Windows10Debloater.ps1 and select Run using Powershell.
  5. This will open a second Powershell Window. Now very quickly, press enter to allow the script to run s an administrator.
  6. You will be prompted to choose to keep or remove some applications: choose No to uninstalling Microsoft .NET 3.5 as this is needed by the CPS. The choice is yours for the rest.
  7. At the end, you will be prompted to reboot.
Using the above, I was able to more than double the speed of this PC. I didn't do a benchmark but this was based on my own tests.
Powered by Blogger.