Your questions answered: Will a radio squirt GPS in conventional DMR repeat or direct mode?



The following question came in via my contact form a few weeks ago:

I have several Motorola XPR radios capable of doing GPS. Will a radio squirt gps in conventional DMR repeat or direct mode? If so I must be doing something wrong? I'm trying to use DSDPLus / LRRP to see locations?

MOTOTRBO radios will only send their location only when a location request is received and there is a means for it to do so. By "means", I mean that either the current channel must be free or there is a data revert channel configured in the system and radio.

The location request would come from an application that supports LRRP. There also needs to be a radio on the network/channel with a Radio ID value set to the ARS ID in the radios you are trying to track.


Powered by Blogger.