Various Questions and Answers


Over the last few weeks I've received some questions, the answers to which do not consitiute their own posts. So instead, I've answered them all here in one go:

Q. Can a peer run when the master is removed from system, this is a 2 site IPSC?

A. Yes. The number of sites is not relevant by the way.


Q. I am using RM server with last version 2.134.77, i tried active somes license but without success, with CPS2 I am able to join the Motorola server, and better with old RM version , i am able to. I used my laptop with Wi-Fi connexion, and like said before all is ok with old and CPS2 version?

A. For starters, make sure the problem doesn't follow the PC. In other words is CPS and RM being used on the same PC and only CPS works? If yes, make sure RM is not being blocked by Windows. Otherwise, try installing the latest version - see here. If that doesn't help, check my support page to find out who can help you.


Q. I have RM Server setup and it is working locally without any issues. I have tried to setup a remote device with but seem to be having some problems.
I have all of security and firewall rules setup but still am having some issues. Anything extra that might be needed when connecting to the RM Server across the internet?

A. When you say remote device, I assume you mean the Device Programmer? If yes, then there are a few things you can check to help find the root cause.

Are you able to ping the server from the device programmer host? Ping is useful and a very rough indicator of connectivity. generally, if you are able to ping the computer, you can connect.

Run wireshark on both the server and device programmer host. Try testing the connection and use the filter to look for Radio Management traffic on both ends. Wireshark is really useful if you know how to use the filters.

I've been tricked too many times by firewalls and security rules. To make 100% sure that this definitely isn't' the cause try turning these services off temporarily. If you can connect while they're off, then your problem is somewhere in there.


━━━━━

PS. There were several other questions sent to me but because the senders said no to the first question in my contact form, I cannot answer those here. I also cannot respond to emails so those questions will have to remain unanswered from my side.


Powered by Blogger.