Question about VLAN config in Capacity Plus single site

I have a question about VLAN config in Capacity plus single site system because i could not get it operational.

So I have Capacity plus single site with master and two peers and its connected to the switch where those ports which are reserved for our Capacity Plus are marked as VLAN x and result is that peers could not communicate with master. I could not even ping master and peers from PC which is in same subnet.
I took another router and switch to test and made same subnet but without VLANs and everything is functional.

So my question is do we need to configure something else if VLAN is in use or not? Is possible to use VLAN in Capacity plus single site?
Maybe its not VLAN problem but it just seems like that, so if someone has some advice or experience with this, it will help a lot.

VLAN tagging is done on the switch (and potentially Router) only and has nothing to do with the repeaters.

No special configuration is needed on the repeaters to support VLAN. The repeaters do need to be plugged into the correct ports.



POSTUM

I'm told via colleagues that in this specific case, the switch was configured to do autonegotiate. The repeaters support up to 100BASE-TX full duplex but it seems the switch was trying to use something else(?). Setting the ports to use 100MBps on both the repeater and switch seems to have solved the problem (in this case).

One of the things I would have tried, is to use a LAN tap to observe the traffic between repeater and switch using Wireshark. I would have expected to have seen negotiation frames between the two whenever the cable was plugged in, at the very least. If I had something like the Fluke LinkIQ, I would have used that too in conjunction with the tap.

Apart from ping, I also like to use arp -a since I've had a few cases where the device even blocked ping.

If anyone has additional ideas, you're welcome to add these in the comments. This was a singular problem but I'm sure it will come up again somewhere, sometime.



Powered by Blogger.