Voice Announcement using Balabolka



Question

I have a problem importing a voice file I added a capacity plus channel in the Motorola DP4400e but as soon as I want to import a voice file. I get the following message "One or more files were not imported. Consult the log file". For the creation of the vocal file I use balabolka version 2.15.0.828.

Answer

I've not used Balabolka before. I downloaded the portable version and found that setting the Audio Format to 8kHz, 16 bit, Mono worked. By default, Balabolka uses 16kHz, 32-bit - which will produce the above error.

CPS/RM requires the voice announcement files to be in WAV format with 16 bits per sample; 8 kHz sampling rate and in mono. Each WAV file must not be larger 320kb or longer than 20 seconds.
If the WAVE file is not in this format, the CPS will give an error when importing the file(s).

The log file, referred to in the error message, can be found in C:\ProgramData\Motorola\MOTOTRBO CPS 2.0\Log - though the information in there might not be very useful.

For those not familiar with this tool, it is a Text-To-Speech application that uses the Microsoft Speech API and can read text from a number of file types. See http://cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm.



Powered by Blogger.