Is it possible to update my DM1600 to use telemetry?



Question

I wanted to know if it is possible to update my DM1600 to use telemetry?

Answer

No, it is not possible to do this. Telemetry is only supported in the DM2000 and DM4000 series radios - in terms of mobiles.

As a side note:

I often get questions relating to models and which features each one supports. Motorola Solutions has a very nice comparison chart but the difficulty with this is that, while it looks really good, the content is static. By this I mean, as new models and features are added, the versions of this table that can be found on the internet become stale. The updated version is only made available to channel partners who need to publish this on their website (and remove the old one).

For this reason, I've added a comparison chart to my Wiki, which you'll find here. The paint is still very much wet so please be patient while I (manually) add the data. If you would be interested in me adding discontinued models to this (my Wiki) chart, please let me know in the comments.
Powered by Blogger.