Memory test!👴


[Q]
Whilst having a sort out recently, I found a couple of mint condition Motorola Radius P210 hand held 6 channel VHF hand portables - which I intend to re activate on the amateur 2M band (145mhz). I have a RIB and the correct leads together with a Compaq LTE5100 running Windows 98 first edition. The only thing preventing me from turning these paperweights back into working units is the correct Motorola RSS/CPS. If there is anyone on this forum can help me with this software I would be very grateful.

[A] I'm not the best person to ask as I've not worked on that model for at least 25 years and have forgotten a lot.

The P210 predates CPS. You probably can find the RSS on the internet. I think the part number was HVN9763A (which was probably one or two 5,25" floppy disks).

I think the Pentium processor in that Compaq LTE5100 might be a bit too fast for the RSS needed to program those radios. Back in the day, we had a 286 desktop that we kept alive for this purpose.
Also, I seem to recall needing to do some tweaks to get Windows 98 to run other similar software. In the end, you might need to use MD-DOS to get the software to run.

The PC will also need to have an on-board serial port - which I think your LTE5100 has. Most USB-to-serial converters are problematic. It really helps that you still have the cables and a (real) RIB!

I suspect you'll be able to find replacement batteries on the internet or would be able to find someone who can repack them.

Good luck!
Powered by Blogger.