A request regarding comments and some rambling about housekeeping stuff.

The Cherry Tree [Prunus Avium] in my Garden (April 2022).

I use Disqus to manage comments on this Blog. I recently disabled the feature that automatically disables new comments on a post after a certain number of days. While this has some advantages, it means I have a bigger job moderating comments that get flagged for moderation (e.g. because they have a link or picture). So if your comment doesn't immediately appear, please bear with me.

This is a side line activity which I do after hours or when ruminating - the distraction of writing about something else helps me to clear my brain for a new approach to the task at hand. I also travel for business and so there may be times where a post will go out while I'm away and not able to respond. I like to schedule posts so that they go out at a regular pace and not a bunch in one go followed by months of radio silence.

Regular commenters, who contribute in a positive way, get set to Trusted. Spammers and the like get banned. I sometimes close comments on certain pages (e.g. I turned off comments on the comments policy and where to buy pages).

I often have people asking unrelated questions in the comments of a post. I am now asking those commenters to rather post their question on the FAQ page so that posts and comments are always on topic. The free version of Disqus does not allow comments to be moved from one post to another.

I have also changed the contact form. 
It was originally intended as a means for people to contact me for business purposes but ended up being used to ask for help with all kinds of stuff. Even though the form said that I can't answer questions by email, these kept coming. I'm not against answering your questions but think it would be beneficial if everyone profited from our knowledge and experience.
With this in mind, from now on, I will answering questions received via the form in an upcoming blog post. I may also turn some questions into a video!

Remember this is my personal blog, so any reply/post/video from me is something I am doing in my personal capacity, based on my sometimes imperfect understanding of your question and subject. All of this is detailed in the disclaimer at the bottom-right of this page.

Have a great weekend and see you at the EPC, if you're coming.
Powered by Blogger.