Wiki quickie


This year I hope to spend more time adding to and updating my Wiki. This is something else I started a while back and, while not as popular as this Blog, the amount of visitors is slowly increasing.

Ths project started as a "sales guide" but soon I realised that information like this would be no good hidden in some document stored somewhere (be it physical or electronic).
I thought that the information would also not really fit into the deomgraphic of my blog. I also discovered that a lot of the information in the System Planner was not presented in a logical way.
All of these thoughts went around and around in my head until I reached this idea. I first pitched this as an intranet project at work but nobody was interested. It was at this point I decided to make the material public.

The first permutation started its life as a few articles on a Fedora/Mediawiki server I had setup at home but connectivity and DNS soon proved to be a problem so I went and got a professional host.

So here it is!

A complete list of Wiki articles can be found here - all related to MOTOTRBO. A list of recent changes can also be found here.

If there is something you would like to see on the Wiki, please let me know via this form. The Wiki is not really the best place for providing instructions or to answer specific questions - if you would like me to answer your question in the form of a blog post, use the contact form.

The top 5 performing pages on the Wiki, according to Google Analytics, are:


This excludes the main landing page.

Around 40% of traffic comes from search engines and another ~20% from my Blog. Since the Wiki is in English, the majority of traffic comes from the Anglophone countries with the USA leading the way by far. 

PS. Like my other sideline/private projects, this is something I do outside of work so please read this post.
PPS. If you work for Motorola Solutions and are connected via VPN or are on the WAN, some pages will not display properly becuase the Mywikis content delivery node is blocked.
Powered by Blogger.