I would like to display the locations of my radios outdoors on a map.


[Q] I would like to display the locations of my radios outdoors on a map. I don't have internet access and would like to work exclusively in the DMO. Do you have any idea how to solve this easily?

[A] All MOTOTRBO dispatch applications are able to operate completely offline. By this I mean, they don't need to use Openstreemap.org or Google Maps but instead offer the ability to use raster files (e.g. JPEG) that can be stored locally. Some applications can create a local cache of web mapping platform data.

To find an application that matches your needs, have a look here.

For direct mode (simplex) operation, you should use a Control Station
To be really portable, you could even use a laptop with a portable radio connected via its programming cable (yes, a portable radio can also be used as a control station).
Powered by Blogger.